There are Content Ideas Hiding Inside Your Calendar
A simple way to find new things to write about
This post originally appeared in my thought leadership newsletter for founders, Leading Out Loud.
Need inspiration? Open your work calendar and go back anywhere from a few months to a full year (or more).
- Scroll through week-by-week, skimming the meetings and events you attended
- Whenever one stands out and jogs a memory, drop it into a doc and make a note of what you remember
- Keep repeating until you get to the current date
- Then, go back to your list a little at a time and turn the things that stood out into posts. As you’re writing, think about what made each event stand out
- Did it mark a business or personal milestone (big or small)?
- Did it teach you something that helped you become a better founder?
- Did something happen that was totally unexpected?
A lot of events on your calendar might be forgettable. But the ones that stand out? They’re probably worth writing about.
So tell me: What calendar highlights will be making their way into your content soon?
Liked reading this? I publish thought leadership and storytelling tips for founders every week in my newsletter, Leading Out Loud. Subscribe here.